Posted By: gertiebeth // On: 28 Feb 2008 // Category: Interviews, Magazines // Comments: 9 »

Where is the weirdest place you’ve ever been sick?
My wife and I traveled to Jamaica 15 years ago. Oh God that was a crazy trip! We stayed in this little bungalow out on the water, baked out of our minds for the first three days. We were just so stoned! And then we got sick and proceeded to get stoned ‘cos that makes you feel better.

Have you ever knowingly broken the law?

No comment. Yeah, all the time! I’ve done plenty of illegal narcotics, but I think everyone knowingly breaks the law pretty often, don’t they? I can’t imagine living my life abiding by the law completely. That’d be tough to do.

How much is a pint of milk?

There’s four of them in a gallon, right? A pint of milk, 16 ounces. How much would it cost? In Hawaii, a gallon of milk is like $6, so we’re talking $1.50. Buck 50.

When were you last naked outdoors?

Eight days ago. I’m naked outdoors a lot – I live in Hawaii – if naked outdoors means walking out to the pool naked and jumping and walking back inside.

What’s your karaoke song of choice?

Fake Plastic Trees, Radiohead. Thats a tough song! I like Radiohead a lot. I don’t think I’m a great singer, but I enjoy doing it.

What happens when you die?
All the moisture leaves your body and you turn back into carbon and you fall back into [the earth]…. Nothing else happens. That’s it.

What’s the most embarrassing CD in your collection?
I don’t have any embarrassing CDs. I am such a fanatical editor, I go through my Itunes collection every month and nix everything I feel don’t holds up. I’m pretty tough.

What’s your nickname?
People call me Foxy, and in my family my Dad calls me Foo. My younger brother, who’s three years younger than me, couldn’t pronounce Matthew – he kept saying Ma-Foo, so my old man just took the Foo part.

What would your last meal be?

It would be my Mum’s Thanksgiving dinner, which is your classic turkey…and she makes the most amazing stuffing and mashed potatoes and peas, and the gravy’s really good. And homemade cranberry sauce, which is key.

What was the last Movie you walked out of?

I think there’s a lot to be learned from watching a movie that doesn’t work. So I don’t think I’ve ever done that.

Who was your first movie crush?
Kathleen Turner, Body Heat. She was dangerously hot in that movie.

Who is the most famous person in your address book?

Susan Sarandon. I did Speed racer last summer and we’re mum and son in that, so we got to be really good friends. She’s awesome.

Ever had a bad experience on a plane?
No, I’ve been luck with that. I’m a pilot, I fly gliders, so I enjoy flying.

On a scale of one to ten, how hairy is your arse?
I love it! I love that question! That’s the best question I’ve got! I’m gonna give it a 6.5!
John C. Reilly said only four…
I think he’s definitely got a hairier arse than me, man! That’s the thing you’d have to see what a one is and what a ten is and then you could get an accurate description. But I’m going to stick with a 6.5.

Courtesy of sulojaarmas

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2008 at 5:25 pm and is filed under Interviews, Magazines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 Responses to “Empire Magazine Article
    • Posted by gertiebeth on February 28th, 2008 6:22 pm

I’m sorry, but I’m not buying this interview. Matthew doesn’t talk like that. “Mum? Arse?” And I don’t think he’d be so flippant about smoking pot when he has young children who can read.

This interview may have gone a *bit* like the above, but definitely not word-for-word.

Nope. Not buying it!

• Posted by Catherine on February 28th, 2008 6:43 pm

I agree. I was like “He wouldnt readliy admit to illegal narcotics!

• Posted by Lara on February 29th, 2008 2:40 am

LOL. Oh, he so totally would. OMG, he did pot fifteen years ago. WITH HIS WIFE. The horror! If someone asks me if I did drugs in college, I will laugh and reminisce pretty much the same way.

Empire is a British magazine and they transcribe all interviews in British English. It’s NOT a magazine that his or anybody else’s very young kids would read and not everyone is that uptight about smoking pot anyway.

The President of the United States admitted to using illegal narcotics and we’re SHOCKED an actor from Hollywood smoked pot? Hahahahaha.

• Posted by Lisa on March 1st, 2008 2:13 pm

Great, now that quote about illegal narcotics has made its way to perezhilton.com! I dont know if I buy this or not- Matthew does have the tendency to say things just to get a reaction out of people! Personally I don’t care, because… well, who am I to judge…? I’d be lying if I denied doing those things.

• Posted by Amanda on March 1st, 2008 7:45 pm

I don’t know either. Some of it sounds really off. Like the reporter changed a LOT of the wording and things. I’ve never heard Matthew talk like that. So I think some of it was past tense, but the reporter changed it. But I think a few of the questions could be legit. But I really think this reporter did some serious messing around with what Matthew REALLY said.

• Posted by Lara on March 2nd, 2008 2:37 am

Who CARES? Seriously. I’m sure the world is SHOCKED that someone from Hollywood smokes/smocked marijuana and experimented with illegal narcotics. It’s… unheard of!

Nothing sounds off. Empire always asks these questions and he answered them honestly and had fun. It’s exactly how anybody who remembers their crazy years in college with fondness would sound. I really don’t understand the confusion. Or why this matters. At all.

• Posted by Elizabeth on March 3rd, 2008 6:18 pm

I wasn’t so much thrown by the narcotics question mostly because he has admitted to that stuff before so if perezhilton is jumping on it now he’s a little late. I was mostly thrown by him saying things like mum and arse when in other interviews he clearly doesn’t talk like that. But I guess if Empire does take a little liberty to changing words then I guess that makes sense then.

• Posted by moe on June 5th, 2008 5:20 am

omg! this question really terrible

• Posted by moe on June 5th, 2008 5:21 am